JD for Android Developer
You are a driven and dedicated team player who owns responsibility of a module in the Android Framework, AOSP, Android Application layers in the entire Android System Stack for an Automotive Infotainment System.
May exercise technical direction over other engineers. Consults with supervisor as required.
- Understand the functionality requirements of a module and generate queries to be discussed with the customer.
- Take complete ownership of a module and ensure that the module functionality requirements are translated to a solution.
- Develop and document the architecture for a module.
- Work closely with Software Architects, Team Leads and Project Managers.
- Individually responsible for the stability of the responsible module and collectively for the stability of the entire system.
- Designs and/or makes recommendations to improve the overall system in terms of stability and performance.
- Responsible for timely delivery of the module as per the overall delivery plan.
- Responsible for communication with the onsite engineers regarding design definition and debugging.
- Provide on-site engineering support for short (<3 months) and long (3 to 12 months) terms.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science / Electronics / Information Technology.
- Excellent programming skills in core Java
- Excellent logical, analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies and adapt methodologies whenever required.
- A thorough knowledge on Software design, Object Oriented Concepts and design patterns.
- 4+ years of experience in Android.
- Expert knowledge on memory usage and profiling of android applications and services.
- Expertise in using Requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS), Configuration Management Tools (eg. GIT), Bug Tracking Tools (eg,Bugzilla), Testing tools (eg,Junit) etc.
- Knowledge and execution of review with change management process.
- Good knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (e.g., V- Model).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Hands-on experience in Android AOSP, Framework, Applications development
- Knowledge in automotive infotainment systems
- Knowledge in automotive Vehicle networking protocols and network testing tools like Vector Canoe.Diva, Vector VN1610, CAN Case etc.
- Knowledge on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Knowledge on embedded systems
- Capability to lead and mentor a team of 4-5 members